THE 25TH ANNUAL COLLIN CLASSIC — A Bigger, Better, More Beautiful Ride!
(Click Here to Register Now)
The First 1,000 Registered Riders will get a $5 Gift Card from Texas Land & Cattle (Automatically given when you pick up your Ride Packet)
About the Ride
Ride with Purpose and join the celebration, commemorating the 25th Anniversary of the Collin Classic Bike Rally on June 11, 2016! Catering to the serious cyclist, the weekend rider and families, the Collin Classic has a ride option for every level, including enjoying the bike paths of Oak Point Park
The best part of the ride is the cause it funds, as 100% of the proceeds benefit City House, which has been serving at-risk children due to abuse, neglect or homelessness since 1988. The nonprofit operates an emergency shelter for children and a Transitional Living Program for homeless teens in North Texas.
We’ve stepped up our game in 2016, as this year’s ride features a new exciting route, beginning at Oak Point Park off Spring Creek and heads east, including an exclusive feature over the Lake Lavon Dam (which has not been open to everyday traffic for 15 years)!
The 2016 Collin Classic offers open-road routes from 17 to 62 miles in length. Throughout each route, riders enjoyed fully-stocked rest stops and a variety of cyclist support services including law enforcement, professional medical services, SAG vehicles, roving bike mechanics, and ride guides. More info on the ride, click here.
The bike trails at Oak Point Park are also open and FREE to the public. Come out with your kids while dad or mom rides the Collin Classic, then stay for food and entertainment at the Whole Foods Market Riders Village, with vendor tents, beverages and fun.
Your registration fee gives you so much more than just a bike ride:
- A post-ride concert, featuring Infinite Journey – simply the best Journey cover band in the nation! Playing the fantastic music of Journey, you can sit back and relax after the ride in the Oak Point Amphitheater. Infinite Journey hits the stage at 12:15 pm – invite your family and friends to see this FREE concert as well.
- Texas Land & Cattle is back again this year, serving up complimentary burgers for all riders, and burgers for purchase as well (for non-riders). Water and other select beverages will also be on hand.
- Beer will be available for sale on-site as well. There’s nothing like a burger and brew to go with great music!
- Complimentary parking is available for all riders, but you can also upgrade to VIP Parking at Whole Foods Market Riders Village for just $10 or Preferred Parking just across the street for $5. All parking is on concrete!
- Crazy Water available throughout the ride and at Riders Village at the end!
- 100% of the proceeds from the Collin Classic go to help City House, something all of us should be proud to be a part of.
- The first 1,000 registered riders will receive a $5 gift card to Texas Land & Cattle (automatically given when you pick up your Ride Packet).
- The first 2,000 registered riders get a Collin Classic T-shirt.
The Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) of Collin County provide a great deal of support for the Collin Classic. The mission of the organization is to improve the health and safety of communities across the country by organizing and utilizing public health, medical and other volunteers.
We are proud to have MRC providing support at Riders Village and throughout the course. This includes:
· Medical staff at Riders Village and every Rest Stop.
· HAM operators on the course connected to a Mobile Incident Command Post ensuring we can provide our riders with a safe ride and fast assistance when needed.
The Andrea-Mennen Family Foundation (TAFF) is back as presenting partner of the 2016 Collin Classic for the fourth consecutive year; the organization is a longtime supporter of both the ride and its nonprofit beneficiary – City House.
“The Andrea-Mennen Family Foundation is proud to be associated with City House and their fantastic efforts to help homeless, abused and neglected children in Collin County,” said Rudy Andrea, president of TAFF. “Children are our most valuable resource and we need to protect them. City House has been helping kids for over 26 years and they really make an impact on our community. Their efforts mirror what our foundation is all about – kids and family.”